Improving health means preventing yourself from being trapped in the vicious web of diseases, specially chronic Non-Communicable Diseases (like diabetes, coronary heart diseases etc.), cases of which are commonly seen and growing at alarming rates!
Most of us, despite of understanding the importance of physical activity, ignore taking up activities like cycling, running, jogging, brisk walking and so on. Due to several reasons, we fail to give even an hour of our day to our body. Yes, that’s the truth of our lives.
Therefore, to improve our lifestyle in order to improve our overall health, I’m listing below a few life hacks that could really make a difference!
1. Do not sit for more than 30 minutes at a place. Walk in your house after every 30 mintues of sitting!
2. If you have a hard time sticking to any diet, go with just one simple rule: NO MORE PROCESSED FOODS & NO MORE BAKERY FOODS!
3. Your cooking methods must exclude shallow & deep frying! Instead opt for baking, roasting, pressure cooking etc. Air frying once or twice a week in a meal is not a bad idea.
4. Your favorite fruits in yogurt in place of other fancy desserts make a great snack meal!
5. Drink a glass of water before starting your meal. This will make you eat less!
6. Take a smaller plate to decrease your portion size. Small frequent meals should be the mantra!
7. Taking stairs instead of elevators helps too.
8. Make your salad colorful.
9. Do 10 sit-ups and 10 push-ups every morning.
10. Stretch for 5–10 minutes before going to sleep.
11. Stop drinking carbonated beverages like soda. Sugar is one of the worst things to consume in extra amounts. Eliminating soda will hugely improve your health, especially if you are a chronic drinker.
12. Never eat until you are full! When you feel full, you have overeaten.
13. Drink water as much as half of your weight in ounces every day.
14. Skip the salt!
15. Eat real food –The average western diet is full of chemicals that don’t give you the nutrients you should be getting from vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins.
16. Don’t have alcohol regularly! It’s poison.
17. Stand More.It’s better for your body.
18. Meditate-Find that inner piece; it doesn’t have to be in silence either. Meditation can come in listening to music, exercise, etc.
19. In supermarkets, do not buy what is bad for health and what you do not require. Eat organic.
20. Do not stress yourself. Be kind. Stay positive and have fun by giving time to yourself! Keep smiling :))